CentOS 6.8 install help

Get help with installation and running IntraMessenger
Forum rules
For readability and to easier tracking, please post a new topic by theme (questions or problems).

CentOS 6.8 install help

Unread postby iplynx » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, I have installed CentOS 6.8 which for me is a whole new experience. I am mostly a windows guy, however the client requested an open source OS. I have downloaded and unzipped the installation files for the server, and when I try to open /Intramessenger/install/install.php from a web browser and I get a download requesting it be opened with "gedit" instead of going through the installation process through the web interface. I have downloaded and installed php.cli using the yum command. And yet I am still stuck at this point.

Can anyone help me get this resolved?
Am I missing something?

Also if there is some instruction for installation and configuration in CentOS that would be very helpful.

Thanks to all!

Iplynx Support
iplynx

Re: CentOS 6.8 install help

Unread postby iplynx » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Update*
I have installed Apache, MySQL, PHP, and PHPMyAdmin. And I am still not able to open and execute install.php in a browser without getting prompted to open and save the file.

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
IPlynx Support
iplynx

Re: CentOS 6.8 install help

Unread postby iplynx » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Hello is there anyone out there that has had this issue? I only installed CentOS 6.8 because of our CRM tool for remote management. Client also requested a free OS to run this, otherwise I would be using a server form in Windows.

SO with that said it has been over three weeks and still no word?!?

Is this forum a one-man show?
iplynx

Return to Support : problem/question